Sunday, May 2, 2010

Real Life ~ Another Violin Day

I woke up and the first thing I thought about was violin. Lolz. This is most likely gonna make you readers roll your eyes.

So I did a bit of housework to help mom and to not feel so guilty while practising violin.

Mom obviously knows what I am performing for Mother & father's Day. Come to think of it, I have time until next Sunday. All I can say now is "Shit!" xD Still do not have any clue whether I have any chance to perform for grandma. =o She is definitely not my mother but she is my mother's mother. Lolz. Alright, fine, I can always say she is like a 2nd mother to me. Aww, touching right? Haha, I have no time to feel touched right now. I actually do not feel like typing anything for blog today at all. I have not drawn anything for my Dog comic today but I am glad it is nothing serious.

This afternoon's homework was all involving my Art project. I drew and coloured a lot. @.@ The drawing for the 2nd page really was like hell. It almost took my whole life away to be honest but you know what? I always recover. xD

Back to the topic of violin practice in the morning. I think I practised about 2 hours. Either that or close to it. Lolz. I did not see the clock when I started playing. I noticed how fake I felt while playing and flying through one song after another page by page. What I meant by "fake" was because I always said to play with feelings but for today's practice, what was clear to me was that I NEVER played with feelings at all. I sometimes did. I really tried but it's not good enough. Mainly thanks to this little phobia of getting upset? Gotta admit, am scared of getting hurt now you know. Scared of getting hurt inside and outside.

Tears make a person ugly. Some say that we look the best when we cry so that's why we do not let others see us crying. I gotta say this, this is probably a nice quote but it's more like an excuse to hide your tears. Well, it is not like I hated that quote though. xD I still agree that tears make a person ugly. It makes that person defenseless and easy to take advantage of. Crying can help but to be frank (again), it can make you go blind if you cry too much.

Moving on, I notice that playing Princess Mononoke can help make your arm position on violin more accurate because of the big leap of notes. Your arm will have not enough time to slack. Thus, your arm has to be quick and dextorous while playing. One slight mistake will ruin the song and make it totally screechy. @.@

Princess Mononoke is pretty hard but sooner or later, it can be mastered and one day, I can finally say it is easy. xD Titanic is OK so far. It keeps on repeating the same notes and at the second instrumental part, the notes are a little too high for me to reach. It kept going screechy so I now decided to cut short the song. I think I have forgotten most of the notes for "Olive Tree" already... I gotta remember in case I gotta play for grandma. It turned out that she is also supporting my violin playing. She kept asking mom how I was doing. =D

Kyaa, more reasons to play better. xD Encouragements and support do help.

OK, I am going to go for now. I have a manga to read.

Bye and you know the rest of the sentence~!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment