Friday, November 6, 2009

Short Story ~ I'm Sorry, Mom!

"Mom, I Want To Be A Doctor When I Grow Up." This Phrase, I've Repeated It Over And Over Ever Since I Was 4. I'm Still Saying It Now.

"Well, If You Want To Be A Doctor, Please Study Hard, Get Good Results In Exams, Make Me Happy!" Mom Always Used This Phrase To Reply Me.

"I Sure Will, Mom!" I Smiled At Her, Keeping My Promise.

Ever Since I Promised Mom, I Studied Real Hard. I Done Every Homework. Every Word I Don't Understand Would Be Checked By Using The Dictionary. If There Were Questions That I Couldn't Solve, I'd Ask People For Help And Explanation. I Just Never Knew How To Give Up.

Back When I Was In Elementary School, I Passed Every Exam Papers With Flying Colours. Everytime Mom Saw My Exam Papers, She Would Have A Big Smile On her Face And Praise Me For Being A Good Kid, Assuring Me That I Will Definitely Be A Doctor One Day.

In High School, That Was When Everything Changed Drastically. I Made Bad Friends. I Started To Play Truant. Books Were All Left Aside. I Never Done Homework Anymore. Bad Decisions Were Often Made. I Felt That Studying Was Way Too Troublesome, Leaving School To Play Computer Games At Cybercafe Was Much More Interesting.

When The Principal Phoned My Mom To Notify Her About Me Playing Truant, She Immediately Scolded Me Badly. I Ignored Her Advice And Left Home Quickly To Meet Up With My Friends.

Exam Finally Arrived. I Felt That Every Question In The Exam Paper Were Hard. I Could Answer None At All. I Then Decided To Take A Peek At Other Students' Answers. In The End, I Was Caught In The Act By The Teacher In Charge. The Teacher Immediately Gave Me 0% For My Exam Paper. The Teacher Informed My Mother About Peeking At Answers And That I Would Get 0% For Every Exam Paper.

When We Returned Home, Mom's Face Was Red. She Yelled At Me But Cried In The End.

"Didn't You Promised Me You Would Study Very Hard? Didn't You Want To Pass Every Exam To Be A Doctor? Then Why The Hell Is This Happening? Give Me An Answer Right This Minute!" Mom Sobbed.

"Mom, I... ... I... ..." I Looked Down. Now I Recalled The Reason For Studying So Hard All These Years.

"Do You Have Any Idea How Disappointed You Made Me? You Don't Seem Like My Real Child Anymore. Please Leave, Get Away From Me, Don't Ever Come Back Home, You Have No Right To Come Back Here Anymore."

My Tears Escaped The Eye Lids, Pouring Down. I Cried Loudly. I Don't Know What To Do To Get Her To Forgive Me At All... I Really Regretted What I've Been Doing All These Time.

"Leave Now! GO! Since You Love Playing Truant So Much, Why Don't You Leave Home As Well?!"

"Quick Go! I Don't Want To Have To See Your Face!" Mom Pushed Me Towards The Door.

She Fell To The Ground And Cried.

I Disappointed Mom Too Much... No Matter What I Do To Atone My Sins, Nothing Would Ever Heal The Wound In My Mom's Heart. What I've Done Had Pierced A Hole Through Her Heart. It Can Never Be Mended.

Mom, I'm Sorry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment