Monday, November 22, 2010

Real Life ~ Crazy Practice

Here's a funny thing that happened in one of last week's practice or something. I practised until my mind went blur and exhausted. Then, when I looked over at my left, I saw a violin, a beautiful one. My mind screamed, "Oh my god, it's a violin! Wow!" When I took a second look, I literally sweated. xD Haha, it was my very own violin, Autumn. LOL, I got excited just by looking at my own violin, thinking it's another violin. xD Damn it, it was only then that I wonder what had gotten into my mind, making me forget that I am holding my own violin. So, of course I would look at it.

Lately, I do not think I will be uploading any videos just yet. I still got to perfect certain songs and well, you can say I ran out of energy to upload ever since that day I uploaded the continuation of the whole book of Suzuki Violin Method Book 1.

My teacher gave me the CD to listen to for the Grade 4 and Grade 5 exam pieces. I am currently listening to them. Hell, I listened to them ever since they were ripped (Not raped, lol.) from the CD and into my computer's library.

I see, my teacher sort of made the song I will be performing sound like the CD's. He changed the starting, making the sound a little bit crunchy. I recorded the crunchy start and well... I prefer the CD's version. I will follow the CD's version but change it. That way, I respect Alexandra Wood's violin playing and also try not to copy hers. In a way, I am also listening to my teacher as to when I soften and use a staccato.

This morning, I planned to get the feeling of the song once again by creating a story for that song and writing the dialogue for each bar of the sheet music. As usual, I am more of the type of person who gets ideas for the middle of the story instead of the whole. Dx I dare not not write but I rubbed of my own remark that told myself to do a crunchy start.

From the CD, I cannot help but LOVE another song. =D It's "C6: Estes Indiferente by Nevaldo Veranes". It is 1 minute and 25 seconds long but it's not bad. That song reminded me of that "La Cumparista"! :D

Too bad, it seems like my teacher did not choose that song to be put into the book for me to play. =/ Oh well~ There are still others. Maybe I just did not see that title because I never totally flip through ALL the songs.

Being a Grade 5 does not make me feel cool or anything but it makes me slightly more satisfied since it is my goal(regarding music) for this year. Who would have thought I could do vibrato in less than one year? It's not a Grade 2 or Grade 3 skill it seems but thankfully, my teacher taught me that skill first before my fingers and arms all stiffen. xD

Oh no, this looks like another one of those long rant on violin!

Just one more, please. ;)

My teacher saw one of the songs' remarks made by myself. It has the most remarks. Remember how I rushed myself to learn up that song in one week? It was the 2nd hard song. It's still pretty hard since I have to change my tempo thanks to the CD. The guy I have been recording from on YouTube played differently. So does the pianist but it does not change the fact that he taught me first and that even if he had not taught me face to face, he still successfully taught me. =D My teacher went bug-eyed when he carefully glanced at all my remarks. He said that's not a bad way of expressing every part of the song and that I can actually teach myself. xD Lol. If only. You know how lame I felt when I played with Alexandra Wood's violin playing? Not to mention, me playing as the solo violinist with Nigel Clayton's piano accompaniment? Their names were written on the CD and well, I gotta say, I like Alexandra Wood and also Nigel Clayton. They rock! =D Alexandra Wood's violin sounded beautiful. =o

Okay, you can say I squeezed everything I wanted to say about violins in the previous paragraph. xD Haha.

Bought a new book to read last Saturday. I will not be reading it until I finish 4 books and of course, if I'd already received my school's compulsory novels. I guess I will not really mind reading the school's ENGLISH compulsory novel if it is interesting and nicely phrased but it's the other language that I loathe reading. =/ Seriously, the things they say and the words they use somehow make my hair and goosebumps raise. Ugh!

Manga and anime are still better than any stupid school's compulsory novel! FTW! (Wait, I do not really know what FTW means!) Ah well, who cares...?

Mapled yesterday but only a short while after knowing I lack of something that cannot be achieved in one day. Stupid... Need 12 more Garnet ores! Noooooo! I will ask from my sis. =P Just that she is too busy with her RC and stuff. *Pouts* Ditto me RC! Lol. (copying Jacqueline Wilson)

Gotta jet! Manga's waiting for me. Gonna try to have a blast of my life (considerably) before hell gate (school gate) opens!

Have fun and take care~!^^

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you are coping well with the piece you are going to perform. To me practice is the best medicine to cure your confidence and readiness.
    I won't be able to attend and see you perform but do give your 100% and I will certainly be proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you've already heard that song enough times, I assure you. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems the "concert" starting in the evening. So I should be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worry no more though you already know why. ;P

    ReplyDelete