Sunday, December 19, 2010

Real Life ~ Year-End Concert

Today's the day. Instead of it being my big day, it should be Autumn's. It's Autumn's day to shine on "stage".

I woke up feeling like there's nothing though the first thing running through my mind was the concert.

Even now, my heart is banging against my rib cage.

Practised downstairs. The sound of the violin won't be so nice downstairs but I cannot risk being sick again. I was sick yesterday in the morning because I caught a cold and the strong fan upstairs made me worse even though I faced away from the fan.

I knew it would be impossible to play violin with the computer downstairs. Haha. True enough, it was too soft and I do not want to spoil the speakers. Dx

In the end, my trusty recorder is back to work with me for today. Its sound quality sucks and all but at least it does help because it helped me in the past before I used the computer upstairs.

Alright, any of you feeling the suspense? =P

I let my mom use the computer instead. So I practised the concert song and also the rest and even others I played for fun.

Practice lasted about 2 hours plus.

Took a bath. Went for lunch. Wondered what to do before going for the rehearsal. Left house at 2:45PM.

My hands were sweaty and cold. I worry that it becomes stiff so I kept holding my hands and at the same time watch over Autumn.

At last, at the destination.

Found someone I recognized. I went into the auditorium. My teacher did not lie to me. The concert hall was small. There was a Baby-G (baby grand piano/ smaller grand piano) there.

Actually, I just played the violin when blogging halfway.

I stink of sweat now... Urgh.

So I sat at the back feeling awkward. All I thought of back then was whether that familiar teacher there from my music school will be my accompanist. In the end, it another familiar teacher who was my accompanist. I had a feeling she never really liked me from the start. =S I do not recall offending her... Oh well. She played faster. If she were to be my accompanist from the start, why didn't she let me know? Guess she did not give a toss about me anyways.

I ruined my one and only warm-up with her. I was shaking by the time I got to the "stage". There wasn't even a stage! I stood near the piano. My bowing sucked. Only the left hand was less scared because had to hold the violin for support.

They would not let me tune but instead, my violin teacher, who said he wouldn not be attending, came and tune mine! There was another student playing the violin. I suppose she's also under my teacher. I thought she looked beautiful but I caught her feeling anxious. She still looked cool and calm though. I was shaking and freezing. Freezing because the room was bloody cold.

When my turn came, I made a mistake at the start. That time, I did not feel embarrassed and in fact, the rest of the playing with [less mistakes(?)] was much more embarrassing. I felt like I let the crowd down but I am glad Autumn looked beautiful throughout the whole concert. My dad took pictures. I looked just OK but of course, Autumn SHINED! She was so gorgeous! ^^

Then came the other girl's turn for a violin solo. Only she and I play violin for the concert. The rest were piano. No choir this year, I guess.

She was probably as bad as me but she played "Memory from Cats". I loved it even though she was obviously anxious at that time as well. Her bowing showed how nervous she was. Still, she was beautiful throughout the whole performance. I played without score but she played with score. Her song's not so short like mine anyways. She played 2 songs, it seems. It said that in the paper. They spelled my name wrongly in the paper. On top of that, the song title "La Cumparsita from G.M. Rodriguez" was spelled wrong.

Oh well, who am I to say? I sucked. But mom said it sounded OK. @.@

I dunno. I just hope people still found it nice. This is part of why I wish I have the power to read minds. At the same time, those nasty remarks will not get to me now that I am normal enough to not read minds. =P So... There's good and bad when it comes to mind-reading.

My teacher never smiled throughout the whole concert. I never paid much attention to him though.

The other girl messed up but the song managed to move me. =D There was no vibrato though vibrato would make the song a whole lot more beautiful. She had violin tape(training tape/guiding tape) on. She also had liquid paper markings like mine. Hehe, she's a beginner then...? All the same, she was brave and great to me. I wanted to tell her how I enjoyed her performance but I guess I didn't get to. We had a group photo. My violin teacher was no where to be seen by then. Too bad.

It was drizzling by the time I went down. The concert ended at 5PM+ instead of 6PM. it seems like 2 people did not get to perform though it was said in the paper.

My left arm is starting to ache now as I type. I guess I've practised 3 times and performed once today. The morning practice was the longest though.

I think I will use the left hand to do the "shift" and alphabets that are close to it. Autumn did well by not going too out of tune.

Dinner at a place nearby my house. I carried Autumn with me. We went to the supermarket after that. My dad carried his camera with him. People stared and looked at Autumn. Well, they can only see the bag of course. Some might not know what instrument is inside. xD

Oh yeah, only piano and violin were involved in the concert today. No guitars. xD No cello either. I would love to see a cello. =o

Earlier, I played my violin again when blogging because I just printed the sheet music for "Memory". Loved it.

I could not stop playing after that as expected. By the time I paused for a moment, all hot and sweaty, mom said it was enough as she looked at the clock. I think I wanna sleep earlier today... Then again, maybe I will just watch anime before going to bed.

I text messaged my teacher and he said it was OK. I hoped it really was though. =S

Gotta jet now. Would love to upload pictures for you but faces will be shown... Privacy is number one rule on this blog. I mean, I will not reveal names unless permission is given. Same goes for photos.

Hehe, I do not wanna show my face. =P

Take care and have fun~!^^

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that the concert is over and another mission completed.
    Perhaps you could use this experience to prepare for another concert next time. It is time to sit down and explore what went right and what needed improvement.
    I am sure you will be wiser next round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make sure I know my accompanist first. xD And to actually breathe before performing. Also, to make sure the bow grip is tight enough. xD

    ReplyDelete