Sunday, October 2, 2011

Real Life ~ Lovable Authors

Lately, I bought about 3 books from a book fair.

They are:
1. Kissed By An Angel - Elizabeth Chandler
2. Dark Secrets 1 - Elizabeth Chandler
3. Musicophilia - Oliver Sacks

I started by reading "Kissed By An Angel", thinking it was an ordinary love story - just with angels this time.

Whoa, I got it all wrong about it being ONLY a love story because this book got me paranoid and insecure! I could not stop reading too because I wanted to get over my paranoia real quick and find out the truth.

This amazing book with an amazing plot is a romance-mystery. =D

I usually do not read mystery but this will be my favorite one. This book got me suspecting every character as the murderer except the main character and her mom. xD

As for the 2nd book I read, which is "Dark Secrets 1", again, both stories in the book made me think that all the characters were the murderers except the main character.

Instead of making me paranoid (I am naturally paranoid though), the 2 stories in the book made me worry for the main character's safety.

In short, Elizabeth Chandler, pseudonym for Mary Claire Helldorfer, is a very talented, humorous and imaginative writer. =) I truly respect her and when I read the biography of hers from "Dark Secrets 1".

She shall be one of my idols~ I dream to be a writer like her and... I am desperate to read more of her books! Sadly, I cannot find any in book shops. =(

Maybe I will find more of her works in the future. =D

Another one of my favorite author is Cecelia Ahern. I think I have read almost ALL of her books and including "The Book of Tomorrow", which is the latest book I read that's written by her.

Cecelia Ahern is a humorous writer who's also imaginative. Talented as well, she has written a lot of different types of stories. I never thought that such stories could even exist until I read hers. She really amazes me time and time again! ^^ 

"Where Rainbows End" by Cecelia Ahern is my all-time favorite but I think "The Book of Tomorrow" is even with it now! "The Gift" by the same author is also a very touching and beautiful story. I hope I got the title right though. (>.<)

The first author who got me reading books after books is and will always be Jacqueline Wilson!

Funny, imaginative, creative and somewhat understanding, she made me start turning to books instead of lazing around wondering what to do and what little games to play alone (seeing as I am the only child).

The first book I read (written by Jacqueline Wilson) was "Double Act". The touching story got me wanting more and more. I kept borrowing more of books written by Jacqueline Wilson. I eventually bought books too. Now, I have a box filled with Jacqueline Wilson's books!

I still love "Love Lesson" and "Kiss". As for "Kiss", I will re-read because I keep wanting things to turn out differently. You see, I love books like that, books that frustrates me.

Same for "Where Rainbows End", it was frustrating even though I am glad the ending turned out well. Because it was so frustrating, I keep on reading it to hope that it will change by itself, knowing that is impossible and even if it did magically change, I will go back to hoping nothing changed. ;P

Jean Ure, another favorite authors back when I was crazy about Jacqueline Wilson. As for this author, I didn't read as many books as the ones written by Jacqueline Wilson but some stories got me worried for the characters. I swear the stories made me learn a lesson.

Speaking of learning lessons, "The Book of Tomorrow" taught me a lot as well. Hmm, I am not going to say what I learnt from the book because:
1. I do not want to be a boring old righteous person who acts innocent.
 and
2. No one is going to read this post or this part anyways.

Basically, I admit that no one really cares about this blog and no one enjoys reading everything.

Even so, you will find me continuing posts for now because I am stubborn enough to keep on ranting and talking crap. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment